John Davies & Sons Funeral Plans
A funeral plan allows you to have control over your funeral arrangements and pay for the funeral director’s services at today’s prices, providing peace of mind for you and your family.
Your payment will be held securely in a trust with Golden Charter (the UK’s largest independent funeral plan provider) and it is paid out at the time of need.
Please note, only the funeral director’s services costs are guaranteed when you take out a funeral plan. In each plan there is an allowance for third party costs (e.g. cremation/burial fees, church fees, minister fees), but this may not fully cover these costs at the time of need.
We at John Davies and Sons Funeral Directors are able to offer personalised plans, tailored to your needs. You can tell us about any preferences you have in mind – the type of funeral you would like to have, hymns, music or any other personal touches – and we’ll make sure your plan takes these into account.
If you would like further information, please contact us on 01443 410224 or complete the enquiry form below.
As well as the funeral director’s services, which are guaranteed to be covered as set out in your plan, there are other costs you need to consider:
Funeral director services
These costs are guaranteed to be covered by your Independent Way Funeral Plan. They typically include:
- Professional services and making arrangements for cremation or burial
- Transportation of the deceased from place of death to the funeral director’s premises, chapel of rest or other suitable location.
- Care of the deceased and preparations for family viewing if requested
- Advice on the certification and registration of death and related documentation
- Provision of funeral vehicles
- Coffin or casket requested
Third party costs
These costs are beyond the control of the funeral director and need to be paid to the relevant third parties, at the time of the funeral. A Golden Charter funeral plan will include a contribution towards these third party costs. They may include:
- Crematorium fee
- Minister or officiant’s fee
- Purchase of grave or lair
- Cemetery fee (the opening of a new or existing grave for burial or interment of cremated remains)
- Hire of church or other venue
- Floral tributes and newspaper announcements
- Memorial such as a headstone, or the planting of a tree
Spread the cost or make a one off payment. Golden Charter funeral plans offer a number of ways to pay for your funeral plan – simply choose the one that’s right for you:
Single payment option
You can make a one-off single payment for immediate cover.
12 monthly payment option
If you would prefer to spread the cost, you can pay over 12 monthly payments by Direct Debit at no extra charge.
Low cost instalment option
If you would like to spread the cost over a longer period for a lower monthly payment, the low cost instalment option offers terms of between two and 30 years payable by Direct Debit.
Fixed monthly payment option
Golden Charter also offer a fixed monthly payment option where you pay a fixed monthly amount by Direct Debit, based on your age at time of application and choice of funeral plan, which is payable for life or until the age of 90.
*As well as covering the delivery of your funeral as per the terms and conditions of your plan, your plan price includes a one off £249 administration fee which Golden Charter receives to cover the cost of setting up, managing and administering your funeral plan.*
Your payments are safe and secure in the Golden Charter Trust
- With a Golden Charter funeral plan your payments are protected.
- Your money is paid into the Golden Charter Trust* which is run by a Board of Trustees, completely independent of Golden Charter.
- The Trustees are chosen for their skills and experience, and safeguard the payments made by our customers.
- They make sure all future funerals can be paid for, which means we can guarantee the funeral director’s services included in your plan will be delivered at the time they are required.
* This excludes the fixed monthly payment option where money is paid to a UK life assurance company and managed by them.